Dock Policy for Dutch Island Homeowners Association Inc.
The use of the dock is reserved for Dutch Island Homeowners Association members in good standing and their guests. The boat ramp is reserved for the use of registered boats of Dutch Island homeowners only. Boats not registered with Dutch Island shall not use or dock at the Dutch Island dock except for the temporary loading and unloading of passengers.
- No personal property of any kind can be stowed overnight on the dock. Such items will be removed and thrown away.
- All motorized boats must display two current Dutch Island Homeowners decals. A decal shall be located on both port and starboard sides in readily and easily seen location. Decals shall not be covered while the boat is moored at the dock. Trailers shall have decals on the front post. Decals will only be issued to residents after proof of ownership via registration and proof of insurance.
- Dutch Island Home Owners Association Members having membership in Freedom Boat Club or similar clubs must call Guard House to get a 3-day paper pass to dock at the dock for longer than 30 minutes.
- The “courtesy dock” is located adjacent to the ramp and is intended for temporary loading and unloading of boats. Overnight docking or docking for longer than one half hour at the “courtesy dock” is prohibited.
- The yellow striped mooring slot at the main dock is reserved for the temporary loading and unloading of passengers. Docking at the mooring slot for longer than 30 minutes is prohibited
- Crab Traps left overnight will be removed.
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted to be on the dock unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 unless a child between the ages of 12 and 14 possesses a valid boater education course completion certificate from a DNR approved course.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or vehicle of any kind are permitted on the dock.
- Paddles boards, floats, and kayaks are considered acceptable on the dock for daytime use only. Overnight docking in the water is not permitted. Unattended paddle boards, floats and kayaks shall not be left in the water.
- Swimming at the dock is at your own risk. All children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an Adult over 18 .
- Dutch Island Homeowners Association Inc. assumes no responsibility for theft, damages, vandalism, or maintenance of any boat or trailer using the dock or boat ramp.
- No fireworks of any kind are authorized on the dock, ramp or parking lot area.
- Overnight docking is permitted on a first come first served basis. The duration of permissible overnight docking is based on the season.
High Season from April 1st to Sept 30th will be a maximum of 3 days of overnight docking.
Low Season from Oct 1st to March 31st will be a maximum of 7 days of overnight docking.
For the purpose of this rule a boat docked at 11:00 PM is considered docked for the night. Dutch Island Homeowners Association does not condone double mooring and assumes no liability for damage incurred for those double moored.
- In the event the above dock times are exceeded the Dutch Island Homeowners Association Inc. will contact the owner as shown on the decal registration explaining the rules and notifying that the boat will be towed at owners expense the following day by 12 pm. Simultaneously the owner will receive a letter stating this rule was violated and further violations within the calendar year will result in the towing of the boat with no attempt to contact the owner. All expenses for towing will be to the owner. Expected cost for such towing is approximately $ 1000.
- Any boats docked overnight without a current, valid will be towed the following day with no attempt to contact the owner. If the owner was a guest of a resident, then the resident will be responsible for the cost of towing.
- No boat trailer may be left unattended at the dock area unless it is attached to a vehicle properly parked at the dock area. Unattended trailer parking will follow the notification rules as set forth in #14 above. No vehicle with a trailer attached may be left unattended overnight at the dock area; provided however, late night parking after 11:00 pm is permitted if the Guard House is notified of intent to park after 11:00 pm and the trailer decal number is provided.
- Overflow parking of vehicles with trailers attached is permitted in the area next to the pool subject to these same rules.