Tucked back in the Herb River with limited boat traffic and inside a no wake zone, the community dock and boat ramp are one of our most treasured assets included in our amenities. For the exclusive use of Dutch Island residents and their guests, residents can also enjoy fishing, crabbing, swimming and sunbathing. Our 500ft dock provides safe harbor of your vessel, and our boat ramp allows for a quick launch of your boat, kayak, or jet ski any time of day or night.
One of the best sites for current tides is https://www.usharbors.com/harbor/Georgia/Savannah-ga/tides as it provides a graph to tell exactly where the tide is currently at. Tides in Savannah tend to be 0-1ft for low tide during the summer, and up to -2ft during the winter. If you plan to launch or retrieve your boat around low tide, it is important that you carefully watch the tides to ensure your plans are not interrupted.
Closest Inshore NOAA Bouy Data
Closest Offshore NOAA Bouy Data
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/tybee_island_19th_street – Near Shore
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/grays_reef – Offshore
- 24ft bay boat – 1-1.5ft tide required.
- The use of the dock is reserved for Dutch Island Homeowners Association members and their guests. The boat ramp is reserved for the use of registered boats of Dutch Island homeowners only. Boats not registered with Dutch Island shall not use or dock at the Dutch Island dock except for the temporary loading and unloading of passengers.
- No personal property of any kind can be stowed overnight on the dock. Such items will be removed and thrown away.
- All motorized boats must display a current (2019 Blue) Dutch Island Homeowners decal located on both port and starboard stern gunwales so as to be in plain sight. Trailers will have decals on the front post. Decals will only be issued to residents after proof of ownership via registration and proof of insurance.
- Dutch island Homeowners Association Members having membership in Freedom Boat Club or similar clubs must call the Guard House to get a 3-day paper pass to dock at the dock for longer than 30 minutes.
- The “courtesy dock” is located adjacent to the ramp and is intended for temporary loading and unloading of boats. Overnight docking or docking for longer than one half hour at the “courtesy dock” is prohibited. The yellow striped mooring slot at the main dock is reserved for the temporary loading and unloading of passengers Docking at the mooring slot for longer than 30 minutes is prohibited
- Crab Traps left overnight will be removed.
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted to be on the dock unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- No Bicycles, skateboards, or vehicle of any kind are permitted on the dock. Paddles Boards, Floats, and Kayaks are considered acceptable on the dock for daytime only. Overnight they will be removed. They will not be docked in the water but rather pulled onto the dock itself during daylight hours.
- Swimming at the dock is at your own risk. Adults over 18 are required to supervise children.
- Dutch Island Homeowners Association Inc. assumes no responsibility for theft, damages, vandalism, or maintenance of any boat or trailer using the dock or boat ramp.
- No fireworks of any kind are authorized on the dock, ramp or parking lot area.
- Overnight docking is permitted on a first come first served basis. The duration of permissible overnight docking is based on the season rules.High Season from April 1st to Sept 30th will be a maximum of 3 days of overnight docking.Low Season is from Oct 1st to March 31st will be a maximum of 7 days of overnight docking.For the purpose of this rule a boat docked at 11:00 PM is considered docked for the night. Docking is on a “first come first served” basis. Dutch Island Homeowners Association does not condone double mooring and assumes no liability for damage incurred for those double moored
- In the event the above dock times are exceeded the Dutch Island Homeowners Association Inc. will contact the owner as shown on the decal registration explaining the rules and notifying that the boat will be towed at owners expense the following day if not removed by 1200 hours. Simultaneously the owner will receive a letter (yellow card) stating this rule was violated and further violations (red card) within the calendar year will result in the towing of the boat with no attempt to contact the owner. All expenses for towing will be to the owner. Expected costs for such towing is approximately $ 1000.
- All overnight docking will require a decal as explained above. If no decal –towing will be directed the following day with no attempt to contact the owner. If the owner was a guest of a resident, then the resident will be responsible for the cost of towing.
- Overflow parking (no overnight) is authorized in the area next to the pool.
- No boat trailer may be left unattended at the dock area unless it is attached to a vehicle properly parked at the dock area. No vehicle and trailer may be left unattended overnight at the dock area. Unattended trailer parking will follow the notification rules as above. First offense call and (yellow card) letter. Subsequent offenses (red card) immediate tow with no attempt to call owner. Late night fishermen must call the Guard House with your trailer number stating your intent to leave parking lot by 0700 hours in order not to have an offense.